A Brief History of World Poker Tour World Poker Tour, aka WPT, began in 2002. An Attorney/Television producer Steven Lipscomb created the professional championship tour. WPT is made up of a series of Texas Hold’em tournaments. Agen Poker Terpercaya
The first season champion was Alan Goehring. His prize winning total for that season was 1,011.866. Alan’s total live tournament winnings exceeded $5,200,000 as of 2008.
The Travel Channel hosted the first five seasons of WPT. The sixth season aired on the Game Show Network,aka GSW. WPT will begin its seventh season in 2009 and can be viewed on Fox Sport Network. It is aired nationally and internationally. The seventh season Tour Tournament aired April 18-25, 2009.
General Tournament Rules
- Players will start with $100,000 in tournament chips.
- Each level will last 90 minutes.
- 15 minute break at the end of each level.
- 3% of prize money will be withheld for poker room staff.
- NO RE-BUYS: Your poker chips will be confiscated and you will NOT
RECEIVE A REFUND OR COLLECT ANY PRIZE MONEY.
- Management reserves the right to change or cancel tournaments.
- Winners will be paid in casino chips/poker chips.
- Tournament champion will receive a $25,000 + $500 entry for the 2010 WPT Championship event.
The commentary from hosts Mike Sexton and Vince Van Patton is recorded partly live, due to gaming regulations during live tournament play; some commentary is later dubbed in at a later time. Mike Sexton is a premier poker champion from Europe. Vince Van Patton has played in some of the biggest cash poker tournaments. Vince Van Patton is the son of veteran TV actor Dick Van Patton.
The World Poker Tour has drastically changed the outlook on poker games. The seriousness of this tour has brought poker champions from around the world. A tour for ladies, WPT, was created in 2008. A World Poker Tour Walk of Fame was created in 2004 inducting Doyle Brunson, Gus Hansen, and James Garner.